Thursday, July 2, 2009

How Do You Measure Success

How long has an individual's potential and worth been measured by his wealth? Is the definition of success really centered around personal wealth?

I measure my merit by the impact I have on the people around me. A truly successful person is the one who has a packed church at his funeral.

My great grandmother had so many people at her funeral there were people lined against the wall. Shoulder to shoulder. Your shirt was soaked with everyone's tears. Two mile long procession of cars. That's a successful life. To touch that many people in one life time.

Money can be earned and lost. Your legacy lasts. When you die, the money does not follow you.

How many people are you leaving a lasting impression on?

3 comments:

  1. ...And that's why Capitalism is considered a bad thing by so many people..
    Most of us really want the same, to leave a mark on the world. By Family, Friends, Achievements..


    Nice post! So true.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am not sure how many people would be attending my own funeral. It might rain hard on that day. Or most of those who want to attend might have no umbrella ready and don't want their suit to get wet.. you know. hehe. I have friends and I would be concerned for them to come and pay their "last respects". But if they can't, would be fine with me. won't be haunting them.

    How many people am I leaving a lasting impression on? I am only sure of 4. Well, i can add another 3 and.. uhm.. lemesee... maybe another 3...

    ReplyDelete
  3. nice blog,, visit my site grab the best information on wealth made easy .. and also me nice time

    ReplyDelete